What is a 'Safety Incident'?
This website is only for reporting safety related incidents in the vehicle rescue and recovery industry.
For the purposes of this website a safety incident is:
- Any incident resulting in injury no matter how serious.
- Any incident not causing harm, but that has the potential to cause injury or ill health.
Examples of safety incidents we would like reported that may or may not have caused harm are:
- another vehicle making contact with your wing mirror at speed whilst you are working roadside
- a vehicle hitting you and causing you or someone else harm
- a vehicle hitting your cones whilst working (indicate if it is one cone or all cones)
- a vehicle colliding with your vehicle but not harming you
The Institute understand that it is not always possible to give full details but please give as many details as you can.
All identifying data will be removed prior to sharing information with other agencies.